One of the policies of Diamond Deluxe Hotel is to be environmentally friendly! Therefore, we have taken the following actions in our daily operation in order to protect the environment:
- All conventional bulbs have been replaced with energy saving bulbs.
- An electronic key system that disconnects all devices (except fridge) when it is removed from its base, is installed in all apartments.
- A central heating system with a temperature regulator that adapts to the temperature of the environment. Full insulation of the pipes limits the energy loss.
- 80% of the water heating is done by solar energy.
- An automated watering system for the plants works mainly at night.
- The hotel is connected with the waste water treatment of the Municipality of Kos.
- Fuel gas is used to provide guests with hot water and for kitchen operations which is more effective and emits cleaner exhaust fumes.
- Toilets are equipped with dual flow flush pumps (these may reduce water consumption to half).
- Cotton sheets, towels and blankets are exclusively used and they are washed with biodegradable detergents.
Soon we will start to separate recyclable materials (glass, paper, plastic, aluminium) by discarding them into the special recycling bins provided by the Municipality.
We are pleased to help our guests to recycle their waste, such as newspapers, glass bottles and aluminum cans, by providing our special recycling bins at distinct spots.